Light As a Feather Lemon Cookies - South Beach
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup tran-free margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar substitute, 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, lemon peel, and baking powder. Add the margarine and pulse on and off until coarse crumbs form. Add the egg and lemon juice and process just until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into 1" balls and place them 1" apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and dust them with the tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Cool on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Square Meals Make Round People - Author Unknown <br /><br />Do It With Love---It Will Taste Better - Author Unknown <br /><br />I joined zaar in 2002 but I really didn't use it much on until 2006 after my computer crashed and I lost all my unsaved recipes. Now I post all recipes I've tried or would like to try. I'm actually making it my goal to try almost all the recipes I've posted as soon as I can. I love food and I love to eat and try different recipes. My favorite course is dessert. I love sweets! This leads me to that I did have Gastric Bypass surgery on July 25th 2008. On that note I love baking and cooking a priceless gift passed down from my grammy who I dearly loved and miss deeply. My grammy passed away 1/15/07. She was a wonderful cook and baker and taught me many things and the most valueable things was how to be a wonderful cook and baker like her. I really enjoy searching for new recipes especially here on Zaar. I'm always finding and adding to my cookbook new and exciting recipes. I also enjoy posting recipes here on Zaar as well. I really love collecting different cookbooks. I have over a 100 and growing! I collect mostly Taste Of Home & community cookbooks. The minute I get a cookbook home I sit down and I read my cookbooks from front to back like novels. I work for the Elmira City School District and YWCA. I'm raising my 8 yrs old newphew. I'm a part time college student studing Early Childhood Education, but taking time off and hoping to return soon. I live in Elmira, New York where famous writer Mark Twain did some of his writing and he once lived. I have 1 cats Samantha and 1 dog our newest member MOO MOO (my nieces dog) who are my children as I do not have any human children of my own. I lost four of my very dear children (kitty's) Callie June 2007, Miss Kitty in March 2010, my dog Angel in December 2010, and my other cat Chase in September 2011. I'm recently married on August 12th 2010. I love spending time with my niece 9 yrs old and my newphews 7 & 8 yrs old. I enjoy couponing and trading coupons. I love the internet as there's so much to look at online even though you know where I spend most of my time! I enjoy going to yard sales and estate sales every spring - fall. I love gardening and have many different pretty flowers.</p> 8724441"