Light-As-A-Feather Dumplings (For Soup or Stews)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional, can use more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup full-fat milk
- In a bowl sift together the flour, salt, black pepper (if using) and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix the egg with melted butter; add to the dry ingredients with enough milk to make a semi-stiff batter (do not over-mix, you might use a little more than 2/3 cup milk).
- Drop by a teaspoon into simmering soup or stew.
- Cook covered for about 18-20 minutes and NO PEEKING for the first 10 minutes.
Join The Conversation