Light and Healthy Buttermilk Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola, corn, or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lightly beat eggs.
- add buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla and mix very well.
- mix together dry ingredients.
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- preheat non stick pan, medium heat.
- add 1/4 cup of batter and cook on a non-stick surface until bubbles appear throughout the pancake.
- flip to cook the other side.
- if batter is too thick, you can add water -- pancakes will be flatter though.
- it is important to cook on medium heat even if it takes longer as it allows you to cook these pancakes with no extra oil in the pan- the result is fluffy and light and not oily.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. I like a variety of foods, including mexican, thai and italian...I also have 2 small picky children so I need to do a lot of tinkering with recipes to get them to eat properly. I also try to make things healthy..but with a lot of flavour!