Lexington-Style Vinegar Pulled Pork Sauce
Found this recipe in Chile Pepper magazine and modified it a bit. Never having had pulled pork in Lexington, I can't say whether or not it is authentic. I can say it was a really good addition to pulled pork.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (original recipe called for up to 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- The longer it sits, the hotter it will get so start with a lesser amount of red pepper flakes if you're a wimp like me.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation