Lettuce Wraps With Hoison-Mustard Tofu
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1/2 tsp if you want more spice)
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 12 lettuce leaves (iceberg makes a nice pocket for the filling)
- Tofu: Heat a cast iron or heavy bottomed nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with a little non stick cooking spray and add the tofu. "Dry fry" for about 10 minutes carefully flipping about halfway through. Add the soy sauce and toss to coat.
- Sauce: Heat another pan over medium heat. Add the sesame oil and saute the red bell pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes for about 10 minutes.
- Once the veggies are soft and browned add the mirin and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the hoison & mustard and cook for another minute.
- Assemble: Add the tofu to the sauce and toss to coat. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am originally from Lancaster, PA but left about 7 years ago when I joined the Air Force. I served 6 years and during that time I met my amazingly perfect husband, Seth. We got married on a spur of the moment thing in Hawaii and have been absolutely in love since <3. We are currently in Guam while he is finishing his enlistment in the Navy.</p> <p>I absolutely love to cook, collect recipes, and experiement with new ingredients. I enjoy gardening, sunbathing, yoga, eating lots of fruit, reading, painting, and researching healthy living.</p>