- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 medium head boston lettuce, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- In large stockpot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add peas, lettuce and green onions. Saute vegetables until onions are translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 8 minutes, or until peas are tender.
- Puree mixture in blender in 1-cup batches. Return to pan. Add corn and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a 1 tablespoon dollop of sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Although I did make this soup according to the recipe, I did pretty much chop the lettuce to death since I wanted it totally dispersed throughout the final product! We thoroughly enjoyed the taste & found the corn/gold thing interesting enough that I'll be making it again sometime when I have young kids around to enjoy it with us! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent Tic-Tac-Toe event]