Lentils With Spinach
This is a Middle Eastern recipe from Madhur Jaffrey's World of the East Vegetarian Cooking. This is good over brown rice and served with Recipe #292585.
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen
- 1 medium onion
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup lentils (picked over and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and then cut the halves into fine half rings.
- Heat oil over medium flame.
- When hot, put in onion and garlic. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- Put in lentils and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat, and simmer about 25 minutes or until lentils are just tender.
- Defrost spinach and add spinach, salt, and cumin to the lentils.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Add pepper. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more