Lentils With Pasta and Caramelised Onions
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g large green lentils or 100 g brown lentils
- 100 g dried egg tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 20 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Slowly fry the onion in 2 tbsp oil for 15-20 minutes until brown and caramelised, stirring often.
- Rinse the lentils and boil them in plenty of water until they are just tender.
- Crush the tagliatelle in your hand and drop the pieces into the pan with the lentils - there should be enough water to cover them.
- Add salt, stir and boil vigorously for 6-7 minutes,until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Drain, adjust the seasoning, and toss with the remaining olive oil, the fried onion and the parsley.
- Can be eaten hot or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Filling and tasty but not alone as it is pretty dry and a bit bland. But it was quite good with recipe#409225 dolloped over top. I used rice pasta to be gluten free which worked well. I liked the idea of cooking the noddles in the same liquid as the lentils were cooked in and the earthy tone it gave. I used unrefined extra virgin olive oil, small green lentils, penne shaped rice pasta, plus the rest of the ingredients. I would make this again if I didn't have much else on hand and serve with a similar yogurt salad over top. Made for PAC (Pick A Chef) Spring 2011.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">