Lentil Salad W/Curried Mango Yogurt Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped (can use green)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
Curried Mango Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons prepared mango chutney (I LOVE Trader Joes!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red onions, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a saucepan, combine lentils, white onions, garlic, and water. Cover, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30-40 minutes until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, combine bell peppers, celery, and red onions in nonreactive bowl. When lentils are cooked, drain and add them while hot to the bowl. Stir and set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the yogurt dressing ingredients. Stir the dressing into the lentils and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married to the love of my life and my high school sweetheart. (Corny, but true..)We have 4 children and everyday is an adventure, for sure. My love for cooking came from my childhood. My grandma made the best huge southern meals without any recipes at all, most of her ingredients coming from her garden. I loved watching her cook. Organic foods are a must and I try to add them to whatever I make for my family. I enjoy going to our local farmers market and making something out of what I've found that day. I love to travel with my family, especially to the ocean. We hope to live by the coast someday....