- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Sauté fennel and ginger 2-3 minutes; add spices and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add water and lentils to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the lentils are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Simmer uncovered until excess liquid is goner, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the lentil mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper; brush edges with water.
- Place a second wonton wrapper on top and press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 3 quarts of water to boiling; add 4-6 ravioli.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until ravioli float to surface and are cooked al dente.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and repeat the cooking procedure with the remaining ravioli. Serve topped with your favorite sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was just OK for us. First, I thought the prep time was way off. Putting the "ravioli" together took oodles more time than expected. Also discovered early that two wrappers were too much and began to fold just one wonton traditionally (or like tortellini). The flavor was nice, but I'd almost prefer just the lentils without the wonton wraps and only a very little sauce, as the tomato was a nice combination. All in all...I just don't forsee going through the hassle again.
Delish! The filling is really tasty. I served this with a simple sauce made from canned tomatoes, garlic and fennel. The wonton wrappers are a great way to make home made raviolis without the fuss though it is much thinner than your average ravioli and resembled wontons rather than pasta- but none the less were really great. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My rating system: (I don't like giving bad reviews, so if I don't like it, I'll just not review it.) <br /><br />5 Stars OMG, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten! I can't stop eating it, and I've eaten myself into a food coma. <br /><br />4 Stars The recipe is wonderful as is. I can't think of a single improvement and I will most likely make it again. <br /><br />3 Stars This needed a little *something*something*. I might make it again, but will add my own improvements if I do. <br /><br />I love to eat! And I love to cook. I tend to take over the kitchen when I get in there. Even the dog knows the command get outta my kitchen! LOL. Cooking for other people and trying new recipes or foods is FUN! I have a small (but growing quickly!!) cookbook collection and one of my favorite things to do is to read recipes and plan meals. Rachael Ray, Horn of the Moon and Moosewood are favorites of mine. <br /><br />We spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking and backpacking. Yup. I cook in the woods too! I've made deals with my hiking buddies... If they carry in my food, I'll cook for them. I recently published a backpacking cookbook. Check out the website: http://www.onepanwonders.com <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedPRD.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /></p>