Lentil Lettuce Wraps
photo by palousebrand
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown lentils
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos, soy
- In a large pan, add olive oil, onion, red pepper, carrot and garlic and sauté approximately 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, water, lentils and all seasonings.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer until lentils are tender, approximately 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook longer if more liquid needs to be absorbed, stirring several times during cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We grow garbanzo beans, split peas, lentils & wheat berries. Non-GMO Verified & Kosher Parve straight from our fields to you. Now we are bringing you gourmet recipes featuring our products for more check out www.palousebrand.com.