Lentil Dal Wraps
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced vidalia onions or 2 cups other sweet onion
- 1 cup dried small red lentil
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) flat bread (such as Flatout)
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup julienne-cut cucumber
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add lentils, ginger, pepper, and cinnamon; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup water and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup water and juice, and cook 30 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt. Remove cinnamon stick; cool lentil mixture completely. Spread about 1/2 cup mixture over each flatbread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon yogurt over each serving; divide cucumber evenly among flatbreads. Roll up. Cover and chill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note