photo by HSingARMYmom
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 2 large onions, chopped into large pieces
- 1 lb carrot, chopped into large pieces
- 4 large celery ribs, chopped into large pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, rough chop (or more if you're garlic lovers like us! I use about 5)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, don't drain
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or herbs of your choice)
- 8 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beans (I use Navy and Kidney)
- 1 lb dry pasta (I use shells)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- romano cheese, on top
- Put all the broth ingredients into a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and simmer 4-5 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Use a strainer and remove veggies, RESERVE BROTH, throw away mushy veggies.
- Put broth back on heat and bring back to a low boil. Add beans, peas, tomatoes and pasta. Cook about 15 minutes (check pasta for done-ness).
- Serve with lots of romano cheese on top. We like it with garlic toast and a nice salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi. I'm Min - full time ARMY wife and mom of three great kiddos. I homeschool all three and have been for 6 years now. I love to cook and try new recipes. I've been checking out Zaar for months now but just finally got around to registering. I'm looking forward to post more regularly on the site.</p>