Lemony Ricotta Summer Squash Galette
photo by jbeanie1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 medium zucchini (2.5 cups) or 2 medium summer squash, thinly sliced (2.5 cups)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crusts
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1. Sprinkle zucchini lightly with salt. Transfer to a colander; drain for 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Meanwhile, on a large piece of lightly floured parchment, roll dough to a 12 inch circle. Transfer parchment and dough to a large baking sheet; set aside.
- 3. For ricotta filling, in a medium bowl whisk together ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, 1 teaspoons of olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Using a spatula, spread ricotta filling over dough. leaving a 11/2-inch border. Top with squash rounds. Drizzle with remaining olive oil Gently fold over pastry edges, pleating as necessary.
- 4. In a small bowl whisk together egg yolk and 1 teaspoons water. Lightly brush pastry edges with egg mixture. Transfer galette to oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Sprinkle fresh dill weed, if desired Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!