Lemongrass and Lime Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my attempt at recreating one of my favorite dishes from a Thai restaurant in Charlottesville, VA. I don't live there any more so I try to make do with this.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemongrass, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon kaffir lime leaf, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups jasmine rice, steamed
- Heat pan with oil over high heat and add both the onions and garlic.
- Saute until browned slightly and add chicken and lemongrass.
- Once the chicken has cooked almost all the way, add the coconut milk, sugar, white pepper, and fish sauce.
- Let the liquid reduce for a couple of minutes and stir in the Thai basil, kaffir lime, and lime juice.
- Serve over a bed of jasmine rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION