Simple to make.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 125 ml lemonade (7 up or Sprite)
- 125 ml whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 220C degrees.
- Place dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- Press dough gently with your hands and pat until it is approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Using a round cutter cut out 8 scones.
- Arrange on baking tray, brushing tops with a little milk.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tops are lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These did not go well for me at all. They were super sticky and gooey as dough. I thought maybe I was making new glue or something, rather than food. I'm still not sure how I managed to shape them. Then the milk I brushed on top dripped down onto the pan and started burning so the fire alarm went off several times while these were cooking. The whole process was a pretty big disaster for me. In the end, they were edible but definitely not what I was hoping for. Sorry!!Reply
see 3 more