This recipe has been on hold in an old recipe box of mine for more than 40 years, but as I recall it made for an interesting dessert! Preparation time does not include the time needed to chill the finished pudding!
- Ready In:
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Nilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Stir together egg yolks & milk.
- Prepare pudding according to directions on box, BUT USING THE EGG-MILK MIXTURE AS THE LIQUID.
- Add cream cheese & beat smooth with electric mixer, then stir in lemonade concentrate.
- Cover surface with waxed paper & cool 10 minutes, then beat smooth again.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks, then gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into pudding & set aside.
- Combine crumbs, nuts & butter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 crumb mixture EITHER into a serving dish OR into 6 sherbet glasses.
- Spoon in pudding, then top with remaining crumb mixture, then chill in frig.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more