Lemon Tart With Nut Crust
- Ready In:
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal or 2 tablespoons cracker meal
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces (half the 8 oz. pkg.)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries (optional) or 1 pint other berries, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and make sure that they are well blended together.
- Press firmly onto the bottom and the sides of a 9" tart pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool down completely.
- In a saucepan beat eggs and the egg yolk with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar, continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat (stirring consistently) for about 8 minute or until mixture is thick enough to coat back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese, two pieces at a time, beating until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour into the crust shell.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours. I usually prepare it a day ahead.
- Serve as is or decorate with berries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!