Lemon Spaghetti-From Giada
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A simple side dish for chicken or fish, or a main dish for vegetarians.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this several times and have always enjoyed it. It absolutely goes better with chicken or seafood than with beef or pork. It is fantastic with shrimp, especially grilled! It's a perfect example of simple goodness- simple ingredients, simple preparation, and a very good dish. Tangy, salty, smoky from the cheese.....YUM!Reply
I just made this and it's delicious! I winged mine a little bit to reduce the portion size, but next time I think I might just make the whole box of fettuccine so I can have some more tomorrow. This is a perfect weeknight dinner - quick, easy, and delicious. Thanks for such a flavorful recipe!Reply