This sounds good and could be served warm or cold with whipped cream.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sago
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tblps grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in pan.
- Stir over low heat till sugar dissolves.
- bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally
- Sago should be clear and mixture quite thick.
- Pour into dish, allow to set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
3 1/2 stars. This turned out quite bitter for me so I added an extra tbs brown sugar but it was still pretty bitter for us. It may have just been a extra bitter lemon. I used brown sugar for a deeper taste as I didn't have access to golden syrup. I also added some honey after (totally different thing, I know) to add more sweetness. I served it with a spray of canned whipped cream. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE Tag Game Ed't 10.Reply