Lemon-Rosemary Layer Cake
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
1 Layer Cake
- 1 cup butter, plus 2 tablespoons softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda, plus 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the lemon juice, peel and rosemary.
- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, lemon peel and juice; beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"