Fragrant rice dish to be served with a good curry!
- Ready In:
- 455 g basmati rice
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When seeds being to pop add curry leaves and lemon zest, cook for 1 minute.
- Add drained rice, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve piping hot with curry.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is just what I was looking for. My son loves this recipe paired with Ginger Scallion fish. I cut back on the cilantro and add a handful of roasted peanuts, but those are just my preferences. 455 grams is about 3 cups of uncooked rice, which is quite a large amount, so be ready to eat!Reply
oh my goodness! i cant believe this has not been reviewed before. This is not the average lemon rice, it is perfect with a curry. The 4 aromatics in are just right, doesn't over power the flavors of another dish but instead enhances them. I used 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water for a closed pot method. It will be a make again and again recipe. Thank you so much for posting it.Reply
see 1 more