Lemon Pudding Cake
photo by Bay Laurel
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- From lemons, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and flour. With wire wisk, beat in milk, egg yolks,melted butter, and lemon peel peel and juice.
- In small bowl,with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. With rubber spatula, fold one fourth of the egg whites into lemon mixture; gently fold in remaining egg whites just until blended. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Place baking dish in a small roasting pan; place on rack in oven. Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of dish. Bake until top is golden and set, about 40 minutes (batter will separate into cake and pudding layers). Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've noticed plenty of members are animal lovers. That helps me feel right at home. I have 3 cats that I could tell stories about all day.. <br />My daughter is 9 and never know what to expect when it comes to meal time unless she put in a special request. <br />I love cooking new things all the time since I get bored fairly quickly. Of course there are those recipes that I can't get out of my head and I make them over and over. <br />Following directions is very difficult for me so I use recipes as guidelines and that is it. If something really works for me, I post it. <br />A lot of my favorite recipes are copy cat. I would much rather make something I love from a restaurant than actually go. <br />I make Alice Springs Chicken monthly and Cottage Cheese pancakes at least 4 times a month. Those two recipes will never get old in this house. <br />If I'm taking pictures of my freshly made food, my DD knows she's gonna be trying something new. She doesn't always appreciate it but she is not starving. <br />Enjoy!! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/snow-queens-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>