Lemon Pound Cake
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 becel unsalted sticks, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F (190°C). Grease and flour 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13-cm) loaf pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat margarine sticks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and salt. Gradually beat in flour on low speed just until blended. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!