Lemon Poppy Seed Noodles
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, lightly toast poppy seeds in a dry small skillet over moderately low heat, stirring, until just fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water and drain noodles in a colander.
- Add butter and zest to warm pot and swirl until melted.
- Add noodles and toss, adding enough of reserved cooking water to keep noodles moist, then stir in poppy seeds, chives, salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are tasty! The combination of flavors is refreshing. I served his along side a sauteed chicken greast and was in heaven. The fresh lemon peel adds great flavor, although I think I might try a little dash of garlic next time to see what that adds. All in all a delightful side dish: colorful and flavorful. Thanks Barb!
This recipe combines 3 of my favorite things - lemon, poppy seeds, and egg noodles! I adore anything lemon poppy seed so I knew this was a recipe for me. They have a very light and delicate flavor, and I prefer a stronger lemony taste - so I increased the grated lemon zest to a whole teaspoon and added some lemon juice as well. I also increased the chives for a bolder flavor. This makes a very pretty dish and pairs so well with chicken and fish. I will make this often, thanks so much for posting!