Lemon Pepper Roast Chicken
A BEAUTIFUL chicken when cooked, and i like to serve this chicken with roasted potatoes and red wine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- Puree all ingredients except chicken in blender until smooth.
- Put roasting chicken in glass baking dish and pat dry.
- Baste in the pureed sauce and cook in preheated 450 degree oven until golden brown, about 1/2 an hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The recipe seemed to have been written down in some haste. My chicken was about half the size (5lbs is specified, mine weighed about 1.3 kg/ less than 3 lbs. I found the seasoning amounts inadequate, apart from the pepper. I used a handful of finely chopped parsley, much more garlic -- what effect will 1/2 teaspoon have on a 5 lb chicken?! Actually I stopped measuring, and simply pressed out the juice of a whole lemon. My oven (fan-convection) would be too hot at 450 deg F/225 deg C -- I kept it at 350 deg F/180 deg C, and had to put a piece of foil loosely over it to prevent burning. I did take it off again, and the chicken did look very appetizing when done (after about 45 mins.) I wonder if 1/2 hour would be long enough for a 5lb chicken, even at your oven heat setting. Therefore a nice combo of seasonings, except that the amounts are too stingy. Thanks, it came out well, even though I adapted your recipe. The black pepper was very nice as a change from the usual chicken seasonings. Maybe you should have another look at this recipe, and edit it somewhat?Reply