photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add fettuccine and cook as label directs.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk cream, egg yolk and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream mixture and cheese to skillet.
- Cook, whisking until lightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and 2-3 teaspoons pepper.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss, adding enough of reserved cooking water to loosen sauce.
- Divide among bowls and garnish with more pecorino.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This made a delightful supper tonight Bonnie. I'd never tried putting lemon in the sauce before, but I'll be doing it again. Gave it a nice 'fresh' taste. I added extra black pepper than called for, but that was the only change I made. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"