LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN WITH CREAMY GARLIC-LEMON SAUCE
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour (use gluten free flour for gluten free version)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon, pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In zip-top bag, place 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning with flour and shake to mix thoroughly. Briefly shake thighs, 2 or 3 at a time, till coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken thighs skin side down and cook for about 4 minutes until browned. Flip the chicken thighs over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat. Put chicken thighs skin side up (crispy side up) on a baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked, the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In the mean time, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce: Wipe the skillet you used for cooking the chicken thighs. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter to skillet. Add minced garlic and cook, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chicken stock and 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning to the skillet and bring to light boil. Add heavy cream and bring back to boil. Add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to simmer and keep stirring until the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir inches Top the sauce with chopped green onions (chop up only green portion of green onions and don't use white portion). Keep the sauce covered.
- The chicken should be cooked by now. Check it for doneness and if chicken is completely cooked through, add it to the skillet on top of the sauce and on top of green onions. Top with chopped parsley and decorate with a few slices of lemon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG!! This is fantastic!!! We made this as our main entree for the Malta region of Susie's World Tour. The only change made, was to use boneless/skinless chicken breast. This will be in our monthly rotation for dinners. Served it with baked lemon pasta and green beans with a twist for one scrumptious meal!! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)