Lemon Pepper Baked Sweet Potato
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pat butter
- 1 dollop sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- Do not puncture potato since sweet potatoes will drip juices while baking. Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes depending on size.
- Slice open and top with butter, cheese and lemon pepper seasoning in that order so cheese has an opportunity to melt. Dress with sour cream and chives. Sprinkle with additional lemon pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious! I love sweet potatoes too, but never with extra sugar. The lemon balances the sweetness perfectly. We had these for lunch by themselves today, but because the flavors are balanced, it would be a great side for any meal. I don't have lemon pepper, so I just squeezed lemon juice right on the potato before adding the cheese and then sprinkled with lots of pepper. Will be making this often, thank you so much!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although hardly your traditional southern girl, I come from a huge southern family and have been cooking since I was eight years old. Cooking is more then a hobby, I genuinely get so much pleasure from cooking and providing the people I love with great food. I have to attest, that it truly IS the way to a man's heart! In my opinion, there is nothing more admirable to hold then the truest essence of a homemaker, or as the term is coined today "household engineer"! I am a licensed real estate agent working full-time from home and a soccer mom to my 9 year old son. I am a busy bee but somehow find time to indulge in some of my many passions: dancing, photography, sewing and interior design. Finding that perfect balance is what I strive to do everyday and so far so good. Happy Cooking<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">