Lemon Pecan Bars
This is a recipe I adopted from the Recipezaar account but it did not work for me. Chef Karen has been so kind to look into this recipe and she made the alterations to make this recipe work..many thanks Karen!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat butter, flour, sugar and 2 tsp lemon zest until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Pat crumb mixture into 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, take out of the oven and lower the heat to 325°F.
- Combine condensed milk, coconut, pecans, remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest and the lemon juice.
- Spread this mixture on top of the hot baked crust, then return to the oven.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 36 bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION