Lemon Mousse Chocolate Brownies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 13 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Melt 13 oz semi-sweet chocolate and butter together in double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add in vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into greased 9x12 pan.
- Beat 3 oz cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Continue beating while adding eggs one at a time.
- When well blended, pour over first layer.
- Place 6 oz chocolate and cream together and melt in double boiler.
- Stir until chocolate melts.
- Drizzle over lemon layer.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My DH and I love fruit-and-chocolate combos, so we had high hopes for this one. Looking at the recipe, I couldn't figure out how the layering thing was going to work without baking them in between to solidify. The answer: it didn't. The lemon liquid seeped through to the bottom, which could have been fine because the white lemony layer just formed on the bottom instead of the top. But the lemon flavor just wasn't strong enough, so eating these felt like eating a chocolate cheesecake where the cheese had soured. There was one salvation: we peeled off the lemon layer and then heated these for a souffle-like hot chocolate cake, with the ganache "tunnels" bubbling and oozing out of the cake. So that was yummy.