Glazed Lemon Loaf Cake
This is a yummy easy to make cake that is great to make especially if you have an abundance of fresh lemons. Every one just loves it. I got it from a friend and have made it heaps.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated large
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar, and
- 1 to 2 lemon, juice of, mix until dissolved, then pour on hot cake for topping
- Whisk together oil and caster sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time.
- Mix in flour, salt, milk and lemon rind.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in a mod oven (180 degrees Celcius) for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven and pour topping over.
- allow to cool in the tin.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation