Lemon Icebox Pudding
- Ready In:
- Chill evaporated milk for several hours.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water; let sit 5 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until very light; add lemon juice.
- Cook over boiling water until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon peel.
- Stir in gelatin.
- Cool until syrupy.
- Beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into cooled gelatin mixture.
- Whip chilled milk until light.
- Fold milk gently into gelatin mixture.
- Blend cookie crumbs, nuts and melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of crumbs into the bottom of an 8" square pan.
- Spoon 1/2 of the lemon mixture over the crumbs.
- Repeat; end with the last 1/3 of the crumbs.
- Chill until firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!