Lemon Ginger Coriander Chicken Kebabs
photo by CoolMonday
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds (whole)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 small zucchini, sliced in 1/2 slices
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, small (crimini)
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and seal.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer (I left mine all day in the fridge).
- Drain vegetables and chicken and discard marinate.
- Thread pieces on wooden skewers alternating vegetables, evenly distributing ingredients over all skewers.
- Grill until chicken and potatoes are cooked through (about 15 minutes) basting occasionally with olive oil and turning every few minutes to grill all sides.
- Serve with couscous.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Strangely enough, I've become a better cook to lose weight. I joined eDiets and lost 100 pounds. Now I'm on the look out for tasty recipes that are easy to fix (I teach and often don't get home until after 5PM). In addition to my kitchen, my favorite place is my garden. I have a combination flower/herb/veggie garden and love to grow a variety of vintage or unusual plants. Because I teach I actually DO get a month off. I get up early to garden, sleep the hot afternoons away, then cook, read and watch movies. My favorite cookbooks are Crazy Plates and Looneyspoons. They are full of delicious, lowfat recipes with tons of trivia and humor. I teach science in a converted home ec kitchen. I love to use food as a teaching tool - making cheese to teach enzyme action, pickles to teach osmosis and diffusion, fudge to demonstrate igneous rock formation. I love kitchen gadgets, KitchenAid, Le Creuset cookware and my cats.