Lemon Garlic Chicken With Pan Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Pan-fried chicken with a zesty lemon-garlic pan gravy. I created this when my husband requested "some kind of garlicy, lemony, chicken thing" using what was on hand.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flour (approximate, I used four generous tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 thin-cut chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and diced
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet on medium, just until it spits when a drop of water is added.
- Combine flour, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, oregano, poultry seasoning, paprika, and parsley in a shallow bowl. Mix well. Reserve two tablespoons for pan gravy.
- Beat together eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry chicken in oil until cooked, about 4 minutes each side. Do not crowd pan. Use multiple batches if necessary, adding oil for each batch.
- Remove cooked chicken to a plate lined with a double layer of paper towel to absorb any left-over oil.
- When all chicken is cooked, reduce heat to low, add chicken broth and garlic, lemon juice, scrape up any brown bits in the pan, and whisk in the reserved flour mixture.
- Cook on low for five minutes, whisking continuously, or until mixture begins to form a gravy.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve gravy over chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION