Lemon-Garlic Baked Brie
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces wedge brie cheese
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- lemon zest
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Cut off the top rind of the wedge, but not the sides. Place in a oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle the garlic and rosemary over the brie. Take several swipes of the lemon with a microplane or zester over the brie. You may substitute about 1/4 teaspoons of lemon pepper for the fresh lemon, but fresh is best.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake until it turns soft and/or bubbly - 20 to 30 minutes, you may need more time.
- Remove and serve with a crusty bread.
Join The Conversation
We really enjoyed this, I managed to get a round of Brie, I photographed it, and put it in the oven, it did cook quicker than anticipated. we enjoyed it with some crusty French bread... so much that I forgot to take a picture after it was cooked. I will be making this again. and experiment with different herbs too. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting it.
Made this to serve a group of us celebrating the 4th of July tomorrow! I want to spread them all around, so ended up making 5 individual batches, which will work out just fine ~ Meantime, half of one of them has already been devoured, & the 4th isn't even here yet! VERY, VERY TASTY BRIE APPETIZER! Thanks for a great keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Definitely impresses guests. A couple of notes - I don't think the olive oil is necessary - mine turned out quite oily due to the fat in the cheese and the added oil made the cheese harder to put on the bread. Also it's better if you let it cool for a bit after taking it out of the oven - too hot and it's hard to get the cheese to stick to anything when you dip.