MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Traditional ganache with a little zest.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (the really good stuff)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (more if you really like lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Bring cream to boil on stovetop.
- Once cream in boiling pour over chopped chocolate.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Stir from the inside out, making sure not to let in to much air.
- Stir till chocolate is completely melted.
- That's it--you now have ganache. You can use this on cakes, to make truffles or just cool it in the fridge and snack on it later.
- You can also substitute the lemon with orange.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Bad recipe. Didn’t turn into ganache. Turned into soup. After trying figure out what I did wrong I looked up other ganache recipes and this ones ratio of chocolate to cream is way off. This is a 1:1 ratio. Most other ganache ratios are 3:1 or 4:1 chocolate to cream i.e. 24oz chocolate, 8 oz cream.Reply