Lemon Drop Candy Cookies
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 finely chopped lemon, zest of
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon drop candies, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In mixing bowl cream sugar, shortening and eggs; add extracts.
- Stir in dry ingredients, lemon zest and crushed lemon drops.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, flatten slightly and bake on parchment-lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- Note: Cooking spray works well too.
- Let cool slightly on pan 1 to 2 minutes.
- Make a glaze by mixing powdered sugar with lemon juice; then brush lightly over cookie tops. Let cookies cool completely.
These are very good and addicting. I made mine a little bigger and so the bake time was off. I weighed out 26 grams for each one which is probably equivalent to 2 teaspoons so it took about 14-15 minutes. I also added a little bit more than 2 tablespoons of zest since I didn't want to discard the remaining zest from the lemon.
So so so good!!! This recipe produced a lot of cookies but they were so tasty that everyone I shared with couldn't help eating them one after another! I loved the crunchiness that lemon drop candies brought into these cookies. Very nice touch! By the way, before baking, just drop the cookie balls, no need to press them and remember to keep at least 2 inches in between two cookie balls because they do expend quite a bit after baking.