Lemon Dream Roll
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Light, lemony roll. Easy to make, and always a hit.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) package lemon pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 cups dessert topping
- Cake : Grease a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan, line with waxed paper; grease paper.
- Sift and measure flour with baking pwder.
- Beat 4 eggs until foamy at high speed with electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar, vanilla and salt. Continue beating until mixture become thick and light in colour, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully fold in flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 400 for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Immediately turn cake onto cloth sprinkled lightly with icing sugar. remove waxed paper. Trim edges. Starting with narrow end, roll cake in cloth.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Filling and Frosting : Prepare 1 package Jello Pie filling as directed on package using 1 egg and reducing hot water to 1 1/2°C.
- Chill 1 hour. Set aside approximately 1/2 C of pie filling. Unroll cake. Spread remaining pie filling evenly over cake; re-roll. Fold reserved pie filling into dessert topping. Frost cake ( or put a dollop on cake when serving). Chill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION