Lemon Cooler Cookies
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, cream together: sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla and salt.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Add 1 Tbsp of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- While cookies bake combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade powder in a large ziploc bag and shake to mix.
- Remove cookies from the oven and put them in the ziploc bag while they are still hot, shake until all cookies are coated.
Questions & Replies
I got a whim to try a different kind of cookie and I thought these were fantastic. I made according to directions, but I added 1/4 tsp koolaid mix to the cookie batter as recommended by others. I ended up getting a little over 2 dozen cookies, each about 2" wide, but ended up with quite a bit extra powdered sugar coating.
I thought these were pretty good. My kids did not enjoy them. Used butter, all-purpose flour (didn't have cake flour), and sweetened pink lemonade mix. I couldn't find unsweetened mix. I used lemon juice instead of water and added 1 tbsp of lemonade mix to the dough. They were pretty tangy, but that was what I was looking for.