Lemon & Cilantro Moroccan Olives
photo by Sackville
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 1 (13 ounce) jar imported mixed olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (the curly kind is good, too)
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Drain olives then place in a glass bowl of cold water overnight in the refrigerator to remove excess brine.
- The next day, drain olives well and combine with the cilantro, parsley, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Allow olives to marinate in the fridge for at least a week, stirring occasionally to distribute flavors.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my goodness, these are so good I haven't been able to keep my grubby little hands off them and they've only been marinating for two days! I used olives that we brined ourselves (bought fresh at a turkish grocery). I had been waiting for the "killer" recipe to do the whole batch and this is it. Thank you so much for my dream olives!
I'd rate this 10 stars if I could! If you love fresh cilantro (a.k.a. corriander)and you love olives then THIS recipe is for you :) My best advice: hide an extra refriderator somewhere in your house and double, even trebble or quadruple this recipe.<evil grin> I've tried making this 4 times in the last month, and as the chef I've quite rightly been doing "quality control" on them each day, (I call that *necessary*, don't you ?) while rest of the adults in the family have just been plain thieving them !!! Horrors !yes!...*not* one or two at a time..but 5 or 10 AND so often that there was nothing left after 3 days!!! HUMPF !!!...only the last batch actually made it to the full week:...the secret, make several batches and hide one at the very back of the fridge, stash the veggies high in front of them. The flavour is strong, saturated, yummy, devine. The recipe elivates the humble olive into something extra special. I did add extra garlic to one batch, but it also dissapeared so fast that it's impossible to know if it was an improvement or if it was becuase it was perfection already. There will be a tupperware container of these hiding in the bottom of the veggie bin of my fridge from now on, Sad, I know, but someone's gotta enjoy these and if it HAS to be us then who am I to hold back the hide of popular opinion in this house? Needs must. Do hide these, Do keep your paws off them if you can because the flavour changes almost every day, getting better and better and better and better. These will WOW your guests too. If only I had more stars to give. EXCELLENT recipe. Thank you for a heavenly recipe.