Lemon Chiffon Pie, Diabetic
photo by Dreamer in Ontario
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk (250 mL)
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water (125 mL)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (45 mL)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (180 mL)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind (4 mL)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract (1 mL) (optional)
- 9 inches graham cracker crust (23 cm) (optional)
- Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in Splenda and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined.
- Do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum. This is delicious, tart with just the right amount of sweetness. It would be excellent using sugar if you're not diabetic or dieting. I used the optional lemon extract but not the graham cracker crust to keep the calories down. The ingredients in this recipe, except for the crust, all fall within Weight Watchers Core category. Thanks for posting.