Lemon Chicken With Thyme
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- lightly coat the chicken with this mixture. Save the remainer of this mixture for later.
- In large skillen, warm 1 Tbs of the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, turn the chicken and brown the other side.
- Coarsely chop the onion, add the butter to the skillet, melt, then add the onion.
- Stir in the remaining flour mixture, cook and strir until flour is completely incorporated.
- Add the broth and 2 Tbs of the lemon juice and the thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to the skillet, reduct heat, to low and cover.
- Cook until chicken is completely done.
- Stir the remaining lemon juice to the sauce in the skillet and pour over the chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found this one in Light & Tasty Magazine and was going to post here until I saw this one. The only change is the magazine recipe called for 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts . I used only two breasts but made the whole recipe of the sauce. Very easy and delicious. It will go into our Tried & True folder.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
It has to be easy and very yummy for me to make it. I don't have a lot of time to shop/cook so we function by the KISS philosophy at my house.