Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 stalks celery, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup rosamarina pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Chop veggies. Heat olive oil in heavy stock pot.
- Saute onions, celery, and carrots on medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until tender. Juice and zest lemon while veggies are cooking.
- Add chicken stock and lemon zest, bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes.
- Add orzo or rozamarina, return to a boil, and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice, cooked chicken, and cream of chicken soup until well mixed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!