Lemon Chicken (Chinese Style)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I grabbed this recipe from a Uwajimaya mailer which was celebrating the Year of the Boar.
- Ready In:
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 cups oil (for frying)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- Cut chicken in half and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour, dip in beaten egg and press on panko.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees F, turning once or twice until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- To serve, cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sauce over.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This tasted fantastic! The lemon sauce was better than any I've ever eaten. The panko crumbs were awesome on the chicken. I cut nugget sized chunks of chicken and really loved the crunch. I'm a novice fryer so I ended up with 5 different colors of chicken, cream, tan, toasted coconut, golden brown and charred :)) DH hates Chinese food and polished this off with two thumbs up. Thank you! Update 6-3-10 I made this for a 2nd time with MUCH better results! I bought a mini-deep fryer and the chicken came out beautiful... photo to come :)Reply
Made this last night for dinner. It is very easy to make and so tasty, DH and I are still thinking about it this morning - that's a 5-star WOW! I made two minor adjustments. Instead of using 3 cups of oil for frying, I used about 3-4 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Also, I mixed up the sauce ingredients first so that the chicken and sauce were finished at the same time. The spices on the chicken and the lemony delicious sauce were the perfect combination - and it only took 25 minutes. Thank you for sharing this great recipe.Reply
see 3 more