photo by sams1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
1 9inch cake
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Brush 9-inch springform pan with melted butter, reserve remainder.
- Place cookies (biscotti and spritz cookies) in large baggie and crush with rolling pin.
- Place crushed cookies in bowl, add butter and mix with fork to combine.
- Press cookie crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- Place remaining ingredients (ricotta- eggs) in a large bowl and mix using a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake 1 hour- 1 hour 20 minutes or until sides start to turn golden and center has a slight bounce.
- Remove from oven and let cool (cheesecake will finish cooking while cooling).
- Cool completely and remove from pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Deliciously creamy and lemony, and such a smooth, absolutely wonderful texture. I wasn’t familiar with the biscuits specified, so I opted for some shortbreads with orange flavouring, which made a great base for the cheesecake. ellie_’s instructions were easy to follow and this cheesecake was easy to make. I took it along to a dinner party I’d been invited to on Friday night, and it was the first of several desserts to disappear, amid rave comments! I’ve since emailed the recipe to three people who want to make it for the Christmas break! And it looks as if I’ll also be making another one! SOON! Thanks for sharing such a wonderfully delicious recipe, ellie_!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>