LEMON CHARLOTTE..only 4 Ingredients
photo by shazzieau
- Ready In:
- 4 lemons, juice of, strained
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 (395 g) can condensed milk
- 400 g savoiardi sponge cake fingers
- line the base of a 22 cm. (8 1/2") springform tin with baking paper.
- line around the sides of the springform tin with some sponge fingers, cut a small bit off one end of each to make them stand upright, flat side down, in the tin. cut to fit if needed.
- cover the base with more sponge fingers, cutting to fit.
- beat the cream and condensed milk together, slowly adding lemon juice. will thicken then go a bit runnier with the last lot of juice.
- place 1/3 of the filling over sponge fingers.
- another layer of sponge fingers. another 1/3 of filling.
- another layer sponge fingers and last of the filling.
- refrigerate for at least 8 hours or over night.
- decorate as desired. I used whipped cream, strawberries and slices of lemon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a wife and mother who loves to cook. I still have kids living at home but the others are always here for meals too.I feel like I never get out of the kitchen. If only some one would clean up after me.