Lemon Cake Custard
I love lemon desserts at the end of the meal. This is a nice creamy finish to any meal.
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Separate eggs and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 c sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to lemon mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 2 tbsp at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold into lemon mixture.
- Spoon into six greased 8 oz. ramekins.
- Place in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Add 1 inch hot water to pan, careful to not get it inside the ramekins.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a curl of lemon rind or if chilled, with a spoonfull raspberry sauce and a dollop whipped topping or whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION