Lemon Buttermilk Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Lemon Buttermilk Loaf Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F. Brush an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with oil and dust with flour, tapping out the excess. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION