Lemon Butter Salmon With Capers and Asparagus
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs salmon fillets (skinless if possible)
- 1 lb bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed (one stick)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large casserole dish with foil (3 qt Rectangle).
- Brush bottom and sides of foil with Olive Oil.
- Cut Salmon into 6 equal pieces.
- Salt and pepper both sides of salmon fillets.
- Arrange salmon in the center of baking dish, leaving room around the edges.
- Wash Asparagus, and arrange around the edges of the dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until salmon is opaque and flakes easily.
- In a saucepan, simmer shallots, wine, and vinegar until shallots are soft.
- Add the butter, and 2 Tbsp water and stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in Capers, Lemon Juice, Zest, and Parsley.
- Pour over salmon and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe. I actually took a shortcut and just put the sauce ingredients in the pan with the salmon and asparagus. I am not rating because I used green onions for shallots and lime for lemon, skipped the butter entirely, and also did not add the vinegar mainly since I was not having butter. In spite of all of that, it was still wonderful (hard not to be, with the flavors involved), and I think this is the best I've ever done with getting my asparagus to exactly the right level of crisp-tender. This was also very easy and quick to put together on a weeknight. I served it with salad and quinoa (which I did in the rice cooker), so it really was a lot of bang for my relatively minimal effort. Thanks.